Monday, December 10, 2007

'Tis The Season to Be...

Grumpy. What's up with this weather we're having in Atlanta? We're breaking record high temperatures right and left (and still in a water crisis). I had planned a holiday scent post, but it's too hot to wear anything cozy or spicy. We bought our tree on Saturday and finally got around to decorating it last night. It felt like cheating, like it's not really the holidays at all, like putting up a tree for St. Patrick's Day. After all, it is green.

Flummoxed. I haven't finished my Christmas lists. That's right--not my Christmas shopping; my Christmas lists. For some reason this year, I don't have a clue where to begin. Usually, I have everything purchased, if not wrapped, by now. I think part of the problem is that 2007 basically skipped October and November, so we went straight from September into December, and who can keep up? The worst part is, I have to mail everything. I mean, mailing presents is no problem...if you have presents to mail. You see my problem.

Harried. I just realized it's really only about two-and-half weeks until I need to have my year-in-review post done. (I know! How will you get through the New Year without it? It's practically as popular as The New York Times's "100 Notable Books" list!) In addition to the holiday scents, I was going to post about some things readers have shared with me (Donna Karan Black Cashmere from Gaia, Fendi Theorema from Sybil, Organza Indecence from Sweetlife), but then I realized, I have to go back and sample at least ten perfumes from earlier in the year to come up with my list. (If you're curious which ones I'm sampling, check the sidebar every day.)

Blocked. Er, I mean, writer's block. Why else the crappy post? Only someone with writer's block couldn't think of something nice to say about Prada Infusion d'Iris, or any of the three scents I mentioned above, right? Maybe when things cool off, I'll regain my senses. But for now, I must shop! I have gifts to mail!

Somebody somewhere where it's cold...tell me what cozy scents you're enjoying!