Thursday, June 21, 2007

L'Aromarine Vetyver

I've said before that one of the best things about L'Aromarine, besides their prices and their ethical standards, are their adorable bottles. Luckily, their bottles hold some really nice juice as well, long-lasting, friendly scents. Okay, okay, friendly scents might not be anything to write home about, but being uppity can be tiresome.

While L'Aromarine Vetyver comes nowhere near my favorites from this vetiver "week" I've been having--those would be the Guerlain, the L'Artisan, and the Malle (Oh, I know. Uppity. Hush.)--I find it quite enjoyable to wear. The only thing that frustrates me about this one is that I cannot seem to find the notes anywhere, and there's simply no way this is a soliflore. The top is my least favorite part of this fragrance, being rather sweet and citrusy, something akin to limeade. Fortunately that fades after about ten minutes into a soft vetiver, and then that softens even further. I swear I smell sandalwood and musk in there with the vetiver, sitting close to the skin, actually making for a rather sensual and comforting experience. I felt I carried a bit of calm with me the last couple of days because of it.

And seriously, look how cute the label on that bottle is! That's the larger bottle, too, the $23.00 one. Yes! I said $23.00!

And while we're on the subject, if you spend $85.00 on fragrance at b-glowing, you get the following as a "free" gift:
L'Aromarine Oceane 1.6 oz
Crazylibellule & The Poppies 5g (assorted)
Kai Perfume Sample Vial
Filles des Iles Perfume Sample Vial (assorted)
Yosh Sample Vial (assorted)

Just use the certificate code "scent" when you check out. Good while supplies last.

*Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with b-glowing. I'm just a consumer like you are, and I'm on their mailing list. Just thought I'd pass along the news if you're interested!

*photo from amazon.com