Monday, January 22, 2007

Monday, Monday...

You won't believe what happened to me today: I forgot to wear perfume. I realized it about halfway through my team meeting this morning (you can tell, I was riveted), and the moment I was conscious of not wearing any scent, I practically felt naked! Perhaps I should keep a secret stash in an office drawer, the way some women keep other--er, unmentionables--at their desk, just in case. The day felt flat without perfume, and when I got home, I couldn't think what to put on. How crazy is that?

Dear readers, I also wanted to tell you that I'm going to try something new: blogging on the weekends. Most bloggers take the weekend off, and I've followed suit up until now. With my new job, I don't have the chance to update so often, and I feel the blog sort of suffers. I end up with two or three posts a week at best when I'd like to do more, so please start visiting on the weekend if you get a chance, or else just have fun catching up on Mondays! Also, for my early morning visitors, on weekdays I'll be posting late in the day EST, so please come back in the evening if you get a chance.

I owe you some much better posts, and I've cheated you out of reading about my sampling of Les Parfums de Rosine Rosa Flamenca, after I wore it four days straight last week. My sample is spent, as I kept wearing it and planning to write about it and never got there. The notes are:
Top: orange blossom, neroli, bergamot, petitgrain
Heart: jasmine, rose absolue, fig leaf
Base: sandalwood, benzoin, white musk
Let's see, our sampler is a sucker for orange blossom, neroli, rose, and sandalwood. Can she really give us an objective opinion? Nah. I loved the juiciness of this scent, but also, I swear I got some leather in the dry down. I thought it got a bit dark at the end, but in a good way, like a thunderstorm at the end of a bright spring day.

And just to bring you up to speed on Miss Thang, she's started being incredibly nice to me. I'm suspicious, but I'm being nice right back to her. Maybe we'll become best friends and eat lunch together every day and go get our nails done and when she gets married someday I'll be her bridesmaid! Or maybe I'll simply find a way to tell her, nicely, that it's unprofessional (and stupid) to end questions in email messages with multiple question marks ("Can someone please advise???"), and that perhaps purple Comic Sans is not the font of choice for an ambitious young professional hoping to claw--uh, climb--her way up the corporate ladder.

Happy Monday, friends!

*photo from LusciousCargo