Sunday, January 28, 2007

Ain't Too Proud to Beg


Lately I cannot get enough Motown. I downloaded a Motown playlist for my iPod at the beginning of January, and I've listened to it almost exclusively. These songs perk me up, make me think about warm weather to come. When I hear some of these songs, I cannot help but sing along and move around. If you're feeling the winter doldrums, I suggest listening to a little Motown.

You'll notice my title is that of the wonderful Temptations song, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," and there's a reason for it: In the last month, on several of the bogs I read, I've read about a little thing called "de-lurking." Now, "lurking" in blogland means regularly stopping by a blog to read but never leaving a comment, so essentially "de-lurking" means stopping by and leaving a comment to say "hi" and let me know you're out there, dear readers. This blog has several friends who comment on a regular basis, but I would love to hear from some of you who've been reading but for some reason (shy? not sure what to say? reading blogs at work and don't want to get caught? read so many blogs you can't comment on them all?) haven't shown yourselves. You don't necessarily have to comment on the topic at hand; you can just say hello! You also don't have to be a blogger, and you may feel free to comment anonymously if you wish. And if you're really afraid of commenting, send me an email! I promise, I don't bite. Blogging is a great deal of fun, but an important part of it is the connection we make with other people, people we may not otherwise meet. I've kept journals for years, and I could go back to doing so, but what fun is that? So, please (there's the begging part), let me know you're out there, dear readers, and have a lovely day.

*photo from Classic Motown