Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Does the world really need another blog?

Not so much, but here it is anyway. My husband asked me what I was going to write about...like, did I have a theme? And I said, "A theme? You mean like a prom? Like 'Almost Paradise'? 'The Eighties'? Something like that?"

Okay, I didn't really say that. But I wish I had. Instead, I said, "Um, well, you know, like the stuff in those other blogs I've been reading. Perfume and beauty and fashion. And also books." Hem...haw...hem again.

Blank stare. And then, reassuringly, "That sounds cool."

You know how they say people's voices get higher when they're lying? Let's suffice it to say that several neighborhood dogs felt compelled to gather 'round our front door.

"What are you going to call it?"

"I was thinking about Sweet Diva."

Another uncomprehending stare, longer than the first.
Diva is our cat. I'm pretty sure he was picturing us sixty years from now living in a small house with all things kitty cat--figurines, wallpaper, coffee mugs, refrigerator magnets, and, of course, actual cats. But I'm not one of those women you hear about on the news...She's just so...Diva. If I could figure out how to load the frigging picture, then you could see why. She has the sweetest little face (no, I am not going to blog about my cat every day). If she were a person, she would have had one of these beauty or perfume blogs years ago. She would be giving us all advice right now. She would have had a feature in the New York Times. Eventually I'll get the template set up and get her picture up here and you'll know what I'm talking about.

But I digress. I'm new. Forgive me.

I will end this first (disastrous) post by saying I am so excited because I bought my first decants from eBay this weekend, and I got the email today that they were posted on Monday. I scored Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose and Carnal Flower, Hermes Hiris and Un Jardin sur Le Nil, Chanel Bois des Iles, and Guerlain Atrappe Coeur. I also bought samples (more samples!) from Aedes and LusciousCargo.

I cannot wait! I cannot wait to tell you, the air, my invisible audience, about my new perfume!